Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Beginner Freshwater * German Blue Rams       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Steve
Username: umaxman

Post Number: 45

Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 10:45 pm:       

I was looking at some in the Lfs and really like these fish. I read that they are a good community fish, so if I wanted to add some in with my Cardinals and black fin (skirt?)tetras it should be ok? I was thinking about adding five or six.
http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20040928145709/www.liveaquaria.com/images/ products/bigimage/lg_89938.jpg
Hello my name is Steve and I am an addict

sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8403

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 07:24 am:       

how big is your tank. 2 would fit well in a 29. 4 in a 55-75.

They would be great with the fish you list if the cards are mature--if they are wee cards the rams might like to snack.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

Steve
Username: umaxman

Post Number: 46

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 09:49 am:       

My tank is only a thirty five gallon, so no room for five:-( maybe two or three and yes all the other fish are at least a year old.
They are only small up to two inches?
Hello my name is Steve and I am an addict.
New 35 gallon and the old 20..:-)

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8410

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 06:51 pm:       

i wuld only go with a pair--opposite sexes. or, 3 of the same sex. do not go with a 2:1 sex ratio. you will find a dead fish that way.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

John D
Username: john_d

Post Number: 382

Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 09:19 am:       

Sully, do blue rams do OK solo, or do they need another of their own kind? (I have one in my 60 and am happy with that, and he's doing OK, but I'd get another if it would be better for him).

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8414

Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 10:26 am:       

To be honest, I have never had "just one". lol. My wife wishes i had, but just have not done that.

They are a fairly social fish. Groups or pairs might be best. Can't say that just "one" is bad.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Beginner Freshwater * German Blue Rams       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration