Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Beginner Freshwater * Vincent's new tank...       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Vincent Bacardi
Username: bluerift

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 09:55 pm:       

Hello Iam a beginner into Freshwater Tanks. Right now I have a Month old 10 Gallon Tank all the conditons appear to be fine. I have 3 Mollies, 1 High Fin black Tetra 1 Algae Eater(Dont know exact species) 1 small minnow fish with a red eye(Dont know exact species) and 1 Glowlight Tetra. All are doing fine so far. I was wondering If I could put a Neon Gourmi or a Angel Fish in there. Is there any other species you could recomend?

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9681

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:12 pm:       

You are fully stocked as it is. Several of the fish (tetras and minnow) are schooling fish, so even if you had room, or moved them to a larger tank, you would be better off getting them a half dozen companions each before adding new species. If the tank had half as many fish, the dwarf gourami might be OK in a ten, but the angel needs at least a 29 gallon tank.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Michael R. Monroe
Advanced Member
Username: mrmonroe

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 12:39 am:       

Hi Vincent and welcome. In addition to what Cindy has said mollies are not a true freshwater fish they are actually a brackish fish. Yours will do fine for a little while but they need more salt than they recieve in a straight freshwater tank.
The following statement is true. The previous statement was false.

Anthony
Username: bigant

Post Number: 28

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 04:22 am:       

"1 Algae Eater(Dont know exact species)" Is it like a chinese algae eater, or a plecostomus. You might want to find out, not many plecos stay small enough for a 10 gallon.
Yours is not to question why, mine is to buy fish and die.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Beginner Freshwater * Vincent's new tank...       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration