Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Sigh Ich Ich go away dont come back anyday       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Plazma
Username: plazma

Post Number: 47
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 02:17 am:       

Well after moving my 3 angels which appeared to have fin/tail rot i notice in my tank of of my larger Angels seems to have a speck on it that appears to be Ich will i ever win this battle lol
Well i did a 50% water change just finished doing that in the process i discovered my Lee brand lookalike to a python is completely useless for drainning my tanks cant get a siphon going using the 75 foot one so i ended up sticking my old house out the window to drain have to admit so much easier filling the tank with the house directly to the sink but worth $65 not sure on this yet.
Tomorrow i'm heading to the LFS any suggestions on best meds for Ich i have lots of plants ghost knife, pleco and a few neons.
Tomorrow i plan on making another 50% water change to help wage this war with my underwater friends.

Kim
Advanced Member
Username: kimrin

Post Number: 2232
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 12:21 pm:       

hey Plazma, sorry you're late getting an answer. You've probably been to the store already.

I'm not 100% sure of this but I believe the black ghost may be med sensitive. All I know to suggest is a product called Rid-Ich, it's a bit gentler on so called "scaleless" fish.

keep up those water changes and vacs, do large changes everyday before adding the next dose of medication. You need to do this in order to remove as much of the ich cysts as possible. The meds will only kill the parasite in one life stage, not the cysts, and they just keep hatching. Raising your temp to around 80 will help speed up that life cycle so you hopefully won't have to treat as long. I'd go at least 10 days on the treatment or 3 days past the time you see the last spot on a fish.
Remember to remove the carbon from your filters.

Other people can give you much better instructions and an explanation of the ich life cycle, right off the top of their heads. :-)
I'm just trying to offer you something in the interim.

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3853
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 12:31 pm:       

Rid Ich+. Not much I can add to what Kim said
"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

Plazma

Post Number: 48
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 12:44 pm:       

Well i'll have a look today need to take back the lee water suction kit i picked up an extra 50ft section i dont need no good for suction but good for filling.I was using the Maracide but wasnt sure if something better was out there maybe

Plazma

Post Number: 77

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 05:04 pm:       

well i lost all the small black angles only 4 of them i suspect the major problem was the lfs they were purchased from since on return visits ive noticed quite a few deaths in the tanks the larger is fine however the smaller ones were moved to a hpspital tank and over the course of a week they all died .
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Sigh Ich Ich go away dont come back anyday       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration