Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Black molly with hazzed eye       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Mike L
Username: mafrenzy

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 02:20 pm:       

so I looked at my tank this morning and my black molly has a hazzed over eye.( cant get a pick close enough) any ideas?
"Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins" Peter 4:8

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3874
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 03:31 pm:       

Mike L,

I can't believe you didn't post the tank and water conditions No matter now.....as indicated in this link, there are many probable causes. Water quality issues comprise 50% or more of the root cause.

http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html#Cloudyeye
"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9508
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 03:35 pm:       

Sounds like "cloudy eye" which is more o f a symptom than a disease, frequently associated with water quality:

http://www.2cah.com/pandora/Disease.html#Cloudyeye

It often clears up on its own if you do a couple partial water changes. I once had a black molly that got cloudy eye for 2-3 days after every release, and then it would clear up spontaneously each time, so other stresses can trigger it beside poor water quality.

I was also once "warned" at AH for posting links to Pandora's site 3 times in one week....I wonder if Pat will ban me for posting links to it 3 times today?

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9509
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 03:36 pm:       

Oops! Even russ can out-type me now...

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Mike L
Username: mafrenzy

Post Number: 156
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 06:58 pm:       

oh idiot! The Chemical Levels are all fine. I did some water changes and will see in a few weeks. Glad it isnt huge!
thanks!
"Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins" Peter 4:8
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Black molly with hazzed eye       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration