Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * My Neons and Ich       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Plazma
Username: plazma

Post Number: 78

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 05:05 pm:       

Well i finally think ive beaten the ich trouble it always seemed to occur on the blue neons,2 of the 20g tanks each had 6 neons almost ever water change which i did on a weekly basis of about 20-25% ,always making sure water temp etc was all very close but 1-2 of them seemed to get it.
Now since i had set up a second tank and it also has 6 neons i began having the same trouble.The 55g which has 12 neons never has this trouble water changes all occur same day etc.
I took the neons this time from both the 20g tanks added them into the 55g and none of them have ever become ill yet which is almost 10 days now.
I'm thinking the water changes were stressing them out in the smaller tanks perhaps,or the smaller school size during a water change might have caused stress bringing on the ich either way the larger school of 20 or so seems to be very happy and healthy in the 55.

Of note both tank that were getting the ich is was only the neons each tank contained some guppies,angel,plec beta otto,pcorn cats all those fish never became ill.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3905

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 04:34 pm:       

Glad to hear your neons are doing ok now. I'm a big advocate of larger so-called school sizes that are normally recommended. Six fish to a school? Bah!

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * My Neons and Ich       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration