Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * BioForever Super cartridge Filter inserts       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Lionel Pichon
Username: lionelp

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 07:06 pm:       

Hello All,
Anyone ever use the "bioForever Supercartridge" filter insert for the Emperor 280 and Whisper power filters? I just bought one off of Ebay, and was wondering who makes them and has anyone had any success with them.

Michael Bryant
Advanced Member
Username: michaelb

Post Number: 2181

Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 07:27 pm:       

that word "forever" scares the bejeezus out of me..even without searching this product I find myself wincing. maybe I will go have a peek and see what it is all about.
Many seek advice, only the wise profit from it.

colleen
Username: swirl360

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 07:52 pm:       

Seems to be a decent product. I've never seen one and its really hard to tell from the pictures what it really is like. Seems more like a marketing gimmick than anything really though.

Plazma
Username: plazma

Post Number: 80

Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 10:32 pm:       

get ready to duck Lionel lol
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

dan
Username: dan

Post Number: 6689

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 06:55 am:       

anyone had any success with them

how are we measuring success here lionel? are they supposed to last "forever"? do you never need to clean them because they stay clean forever? and what exactly is 'forever' ... months? years? decades?
you're never too old to have a happy childhood.

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9605

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 06:56 am:       

A ten second Google reveals that Whisper makes them:

http://www.magnavorealgaemagnets.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d8.html

...and that they come in six packs, so I don't think they mean forever literally. It looks like it would do a good job in the "extra" media slots in your 280, or in any filter - like the Tetra brand - that don't come with a biosponge in them already. Not sure I would rely on them only, or forever, for that matter. Even biosponges need replacing when they begin to degrade.

I'm guessing it would still be a good idea to rinse weekly, I think they are just saying don't do the "replace monthly" part.

And this type of Q belongs in the Equipment forum, not the Fish Health forum.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3895

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 12:52 pm:       

Doesn't make sense to provide this for an Emperor 280, or any bio wheeled filter. It appears the BioForever Super Cartridge is composed of a plastic, compartmented, insert with lourvers (as the bio-media base) The six pack cartridges the fit inside/outside (or wherever they are supposed to go) are replaceable. The plastic grid is not meant be replaced. I guess in that respect it will 'almost' last forever. Kind of like the bio grid from the Millennium power filters or even a Marineland bio wheel. And I guess this brings me back to my original state of wonderment.....The Emperor 280 already has a superior bio media than a submerged plastic grid can provide.

Keeping the subject in-forum, I would have to assume that the original question also involves the health and welfare of the nitrifying bacteria colony. This, in-turn, would affect/impact the health of the fish. (thats a stretch, but what the heck)

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

compensate
Username: compensate

Post Number: 79
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 12:20 am:       

And a bio-wheel will last almost forever, according to the manufacturer, at least . . .

I love the bio-wheel!!!
What is popular isn't always right, and what is right isn't always popular!

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3907

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 06:19 pm:       

I guess I can close this down. It can continue here:

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/discus/messages/19/64904.html?1142777232

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * BioForever Super cartridge Filter inserts       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration