Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Goldfish acting strange       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Johan Sttroner
Username: johan

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 07:37 pm:       

I have 2 Koi and 3 GF in my 55 Gal. (all of them are little fish). I corrected several issues I've been having with my aquarium, and so far I'm good with the cycling process. The question I have is that they have this large space to explore, yet they like to stay in one corner of the tank!, they explore once in a while, but then they return to that same spot, the lower-middle right side of the tank.
Do you think this has something to do with the cycling process not being complete yet?

Another question totally unrelated to the first one, I don't know how these fish were "trained" to eat at the pet shop, but they never eat anything from the top part of the tank!, it has to sink so they can "see" it and eat it. The flakes... they remain on top for a while, then they start to sink and they eat them. The brine shrimp must be pushed down by the powerheads or they won't go for it, but no probs at all with the sinking pellets, as soon as they see it, they go straight to get it.
I tried to fed them spinach, but since spinach floats, it was still there the next day, totally untouched.... how can I fed them the spinach or anything else like that?; what else can I fed a Goldfish?, spinach, orange,....... ?

Will the orange "juice" released from the slice contaminate the water?

Thanks for the info in advance and sorry for the silly questions, they must seem dumb to you, but I have no clue!

colleen
Username: swirl360

Post Number: 474
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 09:41 pm:       

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9700

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 10:44 pm:       

I use veggie clips to hold fresh foods, they suction cup to the glass. Others here rubber band them to rocks or decorations.

They will eventually eat from the surface.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Goldfish acting strange       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration