Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * ...crud       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 357

Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 07:30 am:       

okies..ummm Angel fish sick. He/she is a juvi, came from a comunity with 2 other angels a tad larger and a school of neons. tanks been established and setup for more than a year. This little guy has been bullied a bit and is a lot more seclusive than the other two.

Ammo - 0
Rites - 0
Rates - were ~ 15/ 20 before the water change today. gunna test again tomorrow evening.

I've moved him (assuming) to a hospital tank now, bare bottom, seeded filters. Not that it really matters Ill be changing 90% of the water daily neways.

The problem - What looks like pop eye, fungusy looking crap around the left eyeball.. eyes a bit foggy aswell.
What looks like fin rot, Lots of holes in the caudal and dorsal fin, also tearing, the fins are also laced with stringy white poop (not literally poo)
And fishys also fat, not sure if just well fed or worse.

Went into that H.tank tonight, i added a broad spectrum antibiotic, but im unsure of how to continue dosing it. So far its been 6 hrs and the eye and fins look a bit better, the eye especially. seems happier now aswell.

Do i just re-dose tomorrow (presuming im doing the right thing in the first place) and continue doing that for a week or two or?? I'm sorta new to this medicating thing...

I also raised the temp to about 81.... once again hoping im doing the right thing. (pretty sure i am).

Well neways Any input is very much appreciated. sorry about the length, just giving details.

Thanks
A good scapegoat is nearly as welcome as a solution to the problem..

rob

Post Number: 358

Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 07:47 am:       

arg, Sorry, Water changes i do weekly at least 50% mostly more, each time with a gravel vac. Forgot to add that if it was even important....

rob

Post Number: 366

Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 05:34 am:       

umm if neone cared the eye has cleared up almost completely as of tonight, and the fins are well on the way. So...im guessing i did do it right lol.

Any recomendations on how long i should continue treatment for?
Thanks.

Michael Bryant
Advanced Member
Username: michaelb

Post Number: 2207

Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 08:15 am:       

sorry nobody jumped in here. i was a bit confused as to when this damage occurred. was he like that when you got him or did he develop his problem in YOUR tank? sounds like you have a handle on it either way. as you went the antibiotic route, i would continue this regimen till all signs of damage have disappeared. it is possible that plenty of water changes would have had similar results, especially if it was battle scars.
Many seek advice, only the wise profit from it.

rob

Post Number: 370

Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 06:46 am:       

Im thinking it was battle, forgive the language now but the other angel has developed simmilar simptoms on one of the fins, since the little one left hes been copping aggression hardcore from the dominant cow in the tank. so now i have 2 in hospital and one b*tch on her own in the main tank. Minutes after he was in the H.tank his fin unclamped its self, fortunately these two have always got along well, even in this really cramped space.

Hopefully all goes well... lol, just as i was really starting to notice how healthy this angel looked it goes and gets in my bad books by half killing her tank mates. Ill go down to the pet shop tomorrow after school and hopefully buy another tank, maybe give them some more room... lol MTS..

Thanks.

Michael Bryant
Advanced Member

Post Number: 2210

Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:33 am:       

how big is the tank you moved them from? how big is the hospital tank? i keep all of my Angel tanks between 80 and 82 degrees. as for the b*tch, well I have one as well....or should i say had one. after about a year i finally found a large bodied male that she couldn't bully. still don't trust her with any other Angel though. MTS and Angels seem to go hand in hand, especially if your fortunate(?) enough to have a breeding pair--lol! might as well grab yourself a 55gal if you have the space, i have found this to be least expensive mid sized tank--lots of options!! hope the two in hospital are feeling much better. sometimes i thing that Angels should have been called Devils!!

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9771

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 12:29 am:       

Sorry to mention this guys, but since the Fish Health mods aren't around right now, I'll annoy you by pointing out that the site has a profanity filter for a reason, and circumventing it is still breaking the rule. The rule states "no profanity", not "excuse yourself first and then go ahead and type it anyway"...

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Michael Bryant
Advanced Member

Post Number: 2215

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 09:45 am:       

jeepers...never thought I was violating any type of profanity rule! sorry about that....as maxwell smart would say. i don't even consider the word in question to be profanity...each to their own i guess. my bad--will try to be better. i suppose the universal, $%#@*&^^%$ would be considered profanity as well??

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9779

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:28 am:       

Only in our imaginations....

In the real world, if you had to change letter/s to symbol/s (you had to substitute an * for the i) to get around the profanity filter...it is profanity. And if it is something you wouldn't be too thrilled to hear someone call your wife or daughter, it is a word you probably shouldn't type here either.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is just me. I suspect at least half of us here get really tired of that word, even if the other half doesn't "consider it to be" profane.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Sam Lee
Username: shmeal

Post Number: 53

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 12:43 pm:       

So I could just call them a dirty dirty pond snail?

hahaha just kidding, my clown loaches love snails

russ
Username: rsaqua

Post Number: 2728

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 01:50 pm:       

I suppose if this were a dog board instead. However.....

A dirty dirty pond snail? I think that would be paying the snails a compliment

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark....Professionals built the Titanic.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * ...crud       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration