Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Dead Betta? Any ideas?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Joy
Username: profsnapefan

Post Number: 88
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 01:52 pm:       

Ok, I know this is a longshot, but wanted some input. Tank Stats: 29 Gallon - Fully cycled, readings in normal range, occupants (till today)

1 CAE
1 Betta
6 Bloodfin Tetra's
6 Black/White Skirt Tetra's

They've all lived in apparent harmony for several months, Mr. Betta seemed fine Friday when I left work. Came back today to pack up my office some as I'm leaving my job and noticed him dead, laying kind of wedged in the plants, fins tattered and with a couple holes in them closer to the body, color was drab.

I'm worried I guess that the tetra's and/or CAE got aggressive with him, or would they have done anything to him after he was dead? I never see them do it when I"m here, but that doesn't mean they behave when lights are off and no one is here.
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Anthony
Username: bigant

Post Number: 38

Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 05:00 pm:       

Most likely suspect CAE. I have learned from this sight they are not all they are cracked up to be. They grow too large for most aquariums (about 12") and they also like to eat the "slime coat" off of fish (I would assume dead or alive). Not only that but loose their taste for algae when they get bigger an d need more protein based foods. Hope this helps.
Yours is not to question why, mine is to buy fish and die.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Dead Betta? Any ideas?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration