Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Bronze Cory Cats       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Plazma
Username: plazma

Post Number: 103

Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 12:25 pm:       

Yesterday while doing a regular water changes on my 20g tank i noticed one of my little Cats was missing eeeek not one but both his eyes?
There a total of 3 of them which i had in Q for 3 weeks before moving into the tank and they have been there for well near 2 weeks now.

Current tank mates include
4 small zebra danios ,2 small Angels about body size of a twentyfive cents,1 siamese male ,1 otto,i male swordtail also small ,and 3 bronze cory cats.
Now the siamese has never show any aggression to any fish ive had him with hes been with smaller guppies before for months at feeding times he never bothers the other fish either and hes right beside him i somehow dont think it was him.
The angels i guess could be concern but they have always been peaceful ive never seen them bother the fish on the bottom either.
Is it possible that one of the other cats themselves could have done this?
Also at the moment he seems to still be racing along the bottom as usual but considering hes lost both his eyes would it be in his best interest to just leave him to be or is he suffering ?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3955

Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 12:37 pm:       

Good water maintenance to prevent any immediate infection is really about all you can do at this point. The cory will not be able to see of coarse, however, It probably won't go hungry when employing other sensory systems.

"Current tank mates include
4 small zebra danios ,2 small Angels about body size of a twentyfive cents,1 siamese male ,1 otto,i male swordtail also small ,and 3 bronze cory cats"
................A Siamese what..?
"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

Plazma
Username: plazma

Post Number: 104

Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 12:48 pm:       

Well so far he's looking good of course i only noticed while doing the water change but on a daily basis i usually spend 10 minutes or so looking closely at all the tanks inhabitants ,5 tanks in all and yesterday was first time i noticed i'll just keep a close EYE on him for now i guess.
Oh fighting fish russ but at i mentioned before hes never once bothered another fish he seems quite happy being in the tank and has not shown aggression towards fish i'm sure he could easily fit in his mouth in the past
Was concerned about him perhaps being in distress but he seems to be going on his daily routine and of course was concerned about any pain he might be suffering.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3974

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 11:55 pm:       

I'm sure the little cory was in distress from the initial injury, but can only assume any amount of actual pain he may have suffered. Clean water, preventing infection coupled with a bit of time for scar tissue to form, and a tiny stripped cane should keep him out of serious trouble.
"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9793

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 06:29 am:       

He may not have been the victim of aggression, he may have had popeye.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Bronze Cory Cats       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration