Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Roseann Swink's Question       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Roseann Swink
Username: rpswink

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 09:20 pm:       

I am new, and don't know where to post this but was attracted to the "please help" thread as that is what I need.
We have 4 dwarf gouramis, 2 of them are male neon blue. One of these - snuck into a small ornament (meant for a clown pleco) while we were at work, and got stuck. We saw it within a few hours and gently pryed the fish out. We saw immediately at the very top, was a small scrape showing white instead of the blue that was there originally. Do we need to treat this? If so, what should we do?

Except for this small white scrape, the fish appears to be unharmed. (We removed the ornament instantly - the clown pleco is hiding under the driftwood now, and seems OK with that.) Thanks so very much for your help with this!

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3991

Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:58 pm:       

Roseann,

If your normal tank maintenance is being performed ( as in weekly partial water changes of 25-50%) you will help eliminate the possibility of any pathogens in the water from invading the wound. A dose of Melafix, with any carbon removed from the filter, should aid in a fairly quick healing of your fish's scrape.

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

Roseann
Username: rpswink

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:33 am:       

Thank you russ, we will be changing the water tomorrow and will follow through on the other suggestions as well!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Roseann Swink's Question       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration