Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Ich with Catfish...       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Mario Avalle
Username: marioavalle8277

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 10:47 pm:       

I've got a 29 gallon tank with 2 pictus catfish, and a whole other assortment of fish. I'm treating the tank for ich using Ich Guard 2 from Jungle Labs and, I'm in my 4th day of the treatment. I've got my tank at 80 degrees, and, my question is, should I remove the plastic plants and fake rocks and stuff that are in the tank? Will that help things or just stress the poor things out even more?

Musicalfingers
Advanced Member
Username: musicalfingers

Post Number: 1500

Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 11:09 pm:       

The plants and rocks should be fine to leave in, just make sure that you're doing VERY thorough gravel vacs with your water changes. From what I understand, ick is a three-phase thing: it goes from cysts in the gravel to free-swimming (where the medicine works) to burrowing in your fish. Then the ick in your fish turns into cysts or something like that, and the process repeats itself. Gravel vacs are the best way to get the cysts out of the tank; I'd even do 25% daily if you can.
Out of insanity comes brilliance...or was it the other way around?

Mario Avalle
Username: marioavalle8277

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 11:40 am:       

thanks for the reply

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 4020

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 11:56 pm:       

Mario,

In addition, completely remove any carbon from your filter during the treatment duration.

"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Ich with Catfish...       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration