Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Ich--treatable w/ADF and snail in tank?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Emily H
Username: ekhilgy1188

Post Number: 13

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 09:50 am:       

I just found ich on my betta and gourami this morning. The problem is that I have an ADF and a snail in my tank. The snail could go just about anywhere w/water, but doesn't the ADF need heated water? I'm saving up for a ten gallon tank for stuff just like this, but I don't have anything now. Is there any ich treatment that will not harm the frog? HELP!

Lisa Blair
Username: lkblair

Post Number: 28
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 10:32 am:       

I've just been searching. From what I can find, you can use Maroxy (don't know if that'll help Ich, though), Anti-Ich, or Jungle Tank Buddies Ich Cure.

The only one of those that specifically said it wouldn't hurt frogs was the Maroxy, but the others were both recommended for tanks in which ADFs reside. So take the recommendations for what they are worth and use at your own risk (my little disclaimer).

Depending on your ambient temp, you may be able to move the ADF. He should be ok with temps down to 72 or so if necessary.

dan
Username: dan

Post Number: 6810

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 10:35 am:       

i have no personal experience on this subject .. never had a frog) but my educated guess is DON'T medicate the tank with frog and snail in it.

also, unless you figure out WHY your fish succumbed to the ich parasite, and fix that problem or problems, no amount of medication will help.

for starters, have you checked your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? what size tank are these fish, frog and snail in? how often do you change the water and how much do you change.
you're never too old to have a happy childhood.

Emily H
Username: ekhilgy1188

Post Number: 14

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 11:54 am:       

Tank is a 37g, three days ago ammonia was 0, nitrite was 0, and nitrate .25. 50% water changes very week. I can't see what the problem is.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Fish Health * Ich--treatable w/ADF and snail in tank?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration