Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * Bamboo       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

ray leonard
Username: fishyray

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 10:20 pm:       

Strange thing, I bunch of Bamboo plants in the aquarium and they were doing great. I then had to have emergancy surgery do to my appendix and spent 11 days do to complications. I came back and noticed all the bamboo were nubs! No leaves left and no leaves caught in the filter or on the substrate. I'm wondering if my common pleco's ate them to nothing-ness. Has anyone used bamboo plants with Pleco's and have similar results? It's funny as all my swords and other plants are all fine. Just a weird mystery to me....

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 143
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 06:16 am:       

Maybe you have panda's breaking into your house at night.... lol. umm Have the plecos feasted on you plants before? And were they being fed while you were away? if no and yes then i have no idea, if any other answers then i think its self explanitory.
Just smile and nod - Im used to it...

ray leonard
Username: fishyray

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 08:56 pm:       

My wife feed everyone in the tank. She only used blood worms and flake food. I noticed them attaching themselves to the wiseria before but that plant is fine and all the other plants are accounted for. As for the Panda's breaking in, If I catch 'em anyone want some Panda stew? Let's see I've had my wife's cat grab and eat 5 fish and a rogue panda eating my bamboo. What next?

larry
Username: gomezaddams

Post Number: 600
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 09:27 pm:       

Waiting will fill

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 152
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 03:27 am:       

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!