Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * Short plants?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Night Eyes
Advanced Member
Username: nighteyes

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 10:33 pm:       

well upon returning to the site my MTS has kicked in. im finaly going to do something with the 2.5 gal tank that has been housing ramshorns. im goin to tear it down do a sand substrate add some nice rocks and suck to pretty it up. it will prolly end up becoming home to another beta. but i want some live plants and im trying to think of what i could go with that would look nice and stay short. i was considering 1 anubis form my other tank if i can get them to start growing again. i was thinking of dwarf sag or something else of that nature possably micro swords. i had also looked at foxtyail but im assuming that would take over the tank. i need low light plants since until i build a lid with a small light the only light will be from the room.
"As in reality, as in dreams, nothing is ever truely as it seems." - The Book of Counted Sorrows

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 253
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 04:46 am:       

Dwarf Hairgrass, or J. moss... If you had the lighting id say some pygmy chain or crystalwort..but you dont apparently, so it limits the options really eh.

If you wanted to try anyway maybe braz micro sword or Glossostigma maybe... i dono, up to you, they're just suggestions.

Hope helped a little, Goodluck!
Beauty lies in the eyes of the Beerholder.

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 254
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 04:56 am:       

Willisii (Nevillii) Crypt
Green Wendtii Crypt
Afzeli Anubias

...just some more ideas, i'm fininshed now, so ill shut up.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the Beerholder.

Brad
Advanced Member
Username: brad

Post Number: 1640
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 11:33 am:       

Anubias are about the only thing I can think of that will survive without significant light.
Ever feel like you`re flying and drowning at the same time?

Night Eyes
Advanced Member
Username: nighteyes

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 04:11 pm:       

the Afzelis are what i currently have. im goin to move one of them over once i get things up and going. i just came from the beach getting sand rocks and drifywood. time to go wash and clean everything lol.
"As in reality, as in dreams, nothing is ever truely as it seems." - The Book of Counted Sorrows
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * Short plants?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration