Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * New eclipse 5 gallon hex....plants?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

joseph arthur
Username: orbityellow

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 11:26 pm:       

Hey guys. I just got a new 5 gallon eclipse hex tank. It does not have a heater and i do not plan on adding one. I have about 8 pounds of gravel on the bottom and plan to add a piece of drift-wood. What do you guys suggest as far as plants? I'd like to keep it easy and fun.

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 280
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 07:06 am:       

Hey joseph, as far as plants go im not sure as of yet,(maybe some dwarf anubis or something?)

But theres two threads you've set up that are basically the same. Heres the link to the other one to avoid confusion. I'm not a mod nor trying to be just trying so sort it out before people get confused.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/discus/messages/9403/54409.html?114118 5221
A good scapegoat is nearly as welcome as a solution to the problem..

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9393
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 07:07 am:       

I think we can go ahead and handle the plant half here and the fish half there, this time.

Coldwater tanks are rather limited for both flora and fauna. Here are the only plants I know of that will thrive in coldwater:

Bacopa monnieri
Hygrophilia Polysperma
Elodea Densa

Red Ludwigia
Indian Fern
green myrophyllum
Vallis Corkscrew
Vallis Torta
Aqua Fern
Red Myrophyllum
Najas

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 282
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 07:21 am:       

Okies well i just posted in the other one, lol, ohh well, ( i think i put more plant stuff in the fishone) meh.. Corrections are always welcome, Its good to see some CW stuff every now and then.. Really nice change actually.

BTW Thanks for the account stuff Cinds
A good scapegoat is nearly as welcome as a solution to the problem..

joseph arthur
Username: orbityellow

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 09:24 am:       

cindy, indian fern and vallis corkscrew look like great plants for the setup i want....thank you for your list.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * New eclipse 5 gallon hex....plants?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration