Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * Megan       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8516

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 05:55 pm:       

I did a lot of pruning today and took stuff to the lfs.

Then I came home and started to rearrange rather than Do a quick water change. I will ship the radican sword to you Monday. And, some red ludwigia and a couple shoots of that "possible plant". You will probably find a couple of decent Wisteria in there as well.

Are you home all day or do I need to mark it to deliver without a signature?
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8521

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 09:05 pm:       

Megan,
http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/species-gallery/gallery_main.html/photo-gallery/displayimage.php?album=184&pos= 57

The radican is the one coming to you. it is the one with all the tiny bubbles on the leaf.

you can see a little sprig of wisteria 9the one or two i am sending are much bigger) in the lower left -- between the microsword and the java moss. you can see bigger sprigs in the photos near the one i linked you to.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8529

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 12:50 pm:       

oh, that clump of stuff floating in the upper right corner of pic 57 is the other "stuff" I am wrapping up with the radican and sending along.

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8539

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 02:48 pm:       

Megan,
Stuff is leaving today. Don't let the weight shock you. Mostly packing and moist stuff so that the plants do not dry out.

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8542

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 03:53 pm:       

it be gone. 3 lbs, UPS next day air.

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8549

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 12:26 am:       

megs, you are starting to worry me--lol. Shipping was free. Hope you did not vanish on Spring Vacation.

Megan
Username: jacksonsmom25

Post Number: 727

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 10:01 am:       

sorry, not on vacation...I wish..but I was gone for the weekend. I sent you an e mail.I appreciate all the plants..the fish are going to love them...as will I enjoy looking at them. Thanks again! I will let you know when I get them
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Megan

Post Number: 728

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 05:36 pm:       

Hey Sully, Plants came this morning. They look great, like you had just took them out of the water.I loved the packing job, they weren't lacking moisture at all. fish were so excited about something new in the tank, they all took their turn tasteing and nipping at them. Its amazing what a few plants can make a tank so much more full. and the red ludwigia puts the right amount of color with all the green. I just love them all. Thanks allot, you were very generous!
megan
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8552

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 07:07 pm:       

megan,
glad you like it. i prune periodically (every week) the rotalla indicia is getting thick. next bunches will be via mail--lol. just wanted to make sure that this stuff got there without an issue given the temps at night.

Once we get into warmer weather let me know if you want anything. Do you have CO2? How many watts per gallon?

I am getting a ton of baby amazon swords right now. from a plant that is a monster. I will send you some if you want.

Megan

Post Number: 729

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 09:30 pm:       

I don't do co2, wish I could but not in the budget especially since ive gotten the saltwater bug.
My lighting is still pretty low, i think its 1 and half watt per gallon. Im gonna upgrade a little but not sure when. I have a amazon sword right now. its slow growing but its doing ok. everything else I have, mostly stem plants are growing really well too.
If these plants do ok in the next couple weeks, then I may see if you have any more red ludwigia.
If they don't survive my low lights, then Id rather see them go to someone who can keep them alive. Im pretty sure they will do ok.
thanks sully

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8559

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:54 am:       

meg,
i also have a lot of that "possible plant". even sent you stem or two of it i think. I got ludwigia to grow with low lights by letting the substrate mature. it tended to lose a lot of the lowest level of leaves. but, other than that it did great. That and i always kept it from spreading out over the top of the tank.

Megan

Post Number: 730

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:15 pm:       

Ok got to ask..what is that"possible plant"?

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8567

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 07:58 pm:       

rotalla indicia
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * Megan       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration