Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * About that "giant bleheri"       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8560

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:07 am:       

I thought I would make mention of it here--there was a pic in the pic post area a week or so ago that showed it. Do you remember?

http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/species-gallery/gallery_main.html/photo-gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&c at=10052&pos=0

Well, the darn plant has shoots everywhere at this point. i was going to give it a couple of weeks and then start trimming the starts and shoots off. i was taking some to the lfs--get about $1.75 ea. But, if anybody wants a start or two (this was SteveW's monster featured in several ooh and aaaw photos) let me know. They should get big--lol.

i ain't selling--just offering. I would ship via USPS as it warms up.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

william kennedy
Username: reelbigphish

Post Number: 226

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 09:22 pm:       

Hi sully. I would be interested in some for my 135. Do you think it would do alright with sand substrate and about 200 watts of lighting? I've got a birthday coming up and plan on asking for another set of 96 watters. This would be in early May.
"The stone that the builder refused, will always be the head cornerstone." Bob Marley

Gopi
Advanced Member
Username: gopi

Post Number: 1818

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 09:42 pm:       

might be nice to put into the tank the aquarium club here is setting up. It's got fish and some rock now and people are pressuring me about plants. I'm not sure what the lighting is though...compact fluorescent but that's all i know...200 gallon tank with pea gravel. Would it be OK?
There! You have a bigger tank! Will you stop plotting my death now??

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8568

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 09:49 pm:       

i grew amazons very easily with 1.5-2 watts per gallon. they grow better in high tech environment--but it seems most plants do.

Send me your addresses I will get a them mailed out in a few weeks. 200 gallon tank will get a few--lol. lots of space to fill.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

Gopi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 1820

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:14 pm:       

Do you want shipping reimbursments or something? I have to uh, tell "the guys" in club before I do anything... *sigh*

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8570

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:05 am:       

mail is cheap--for you gopi it is no charge--lol.

flyingfish
Username: flyingfish

Post Number: 518
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 10:18 am:       

Sully, Count me in PLEASE! Ive been looking for that Echinodorus bleheri. I have something called a Kleiner Bar sword I thought was going to fill out like that but its a rounded leaf...it is a nice shade of red tho. Shame I had to butcher it in my last attempt at ridding algae. It will grow back in about a week.

I will gladly pay for the plant and USPS priority or however way you feel is safe.

This will be a great addition to my new nursery. Then the bigger tanks 65+90 when it grows.

Oh how do I propagate this type of plant?
Filter and heater $80
65 gallon aquarium $280
Gazing at your Apistogramma for hours on end.....
PRICELESS!!!

Gopi
Advanced Member

Post Number: 1822

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 12:13 pm:       

:-) I sent you a couple e-mails Sully

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8580

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:20 pm:       

i got them, whatever your name is--lol.

okay. got several others. lets stop now. wait a couple or three weeks until the witlle baby plants can be trimmed from the mamma plant, rooted and shipped out. Gopi--i owe you for the attempted help with that lfs in your area. did not pan out. but, was worth the effort to figure out what they really had. you'll get several wee ones. they will get big--heck, a couple of them are getting bog on the stem already.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * About that "giant bleheri"       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration