Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * Help a dummy, not just any dummy--this dummy       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8583

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:43 pm:       

smack my fingers now. i am going to double post (ouch that hurt).

I want a plant--i have a mental image of the plant. just do not know it there is such a thing as what my minds eye has conjoured up. Here is something I posted in a thread in the classified area--Shari is such a nice "guy". Any ideas or directions anyone can point me in so that I might be able to help her help me?

"how is this for a scientific name.

i got a spot, behind the red temple plant, that needs something. i am thinking big, bushy, tiny green leaves. almost a mossy blob--lol. looking for a different texture than ludwigia on each side and red temple in front. got enough grasses and swords --just a different texture.

one of the thoughts i had last night wa, "i need a pine tree".

here is a link to the section of the tank i have an issue with. it is the area just to the right of center where i have trimmed the ludwigia down. just behind the red temple (that is such an easier name to type--lol).

http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/species-gallery/gallery_main.html/photo-gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&c at=10052&pos=7

i guess what i am really after is a big, tall, fat glosso. does that make sense? i just do not know if there is such a thing."
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

Erin
Username: shay

Post Number: 1046

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:37 pm:       

Take a look at "Hottonia palustris."

Member of Delaware Valley Aquatic Gardener's Association (www.dvaga.com)

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8593

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 10:52 pm:       

nice plant. i assume--impossible to tell from what i have read so far--that it flowers above the water line?

and, of course, it is best planted in compact groups. lol. how many people stole that line from one another is beyond believe.

i am going to have to try some of that regardless. Must talk to "plant boy" at the lfs.

thanks
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

Gopi
Advanced Member
Username: gopi

Post Number: 1824

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:00 pm:       

Sully, I posted my suggestion in Shari's thread. I hope you enjoy it ;)
There! You have a bigger tank! Will you stop plotting my death now??

Shari
Ancient Plus
Username: shari

Post Number: 5702

Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 10:47 am:       

BOY......You're Lucky I'm not the type of girl to be offended by this

Shari is such a nice "guy".

Considering I AM just like one of the guys, that really doesn't bother me
My Fish Tanks Are SPREADING!!

sully
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 8603

Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 01:44 pm:       

i assumed you would understand the reference you big tomboy. lol. i still got those dresses.

Shari
Ancient Plus
Username: shari

Post Number: 5706

Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 02:20 pm:       

Nah....I'll let you continue to wear them Sull
My Fish Tanks Are SPREADING!!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Live Plants * Help a dummy, not just any dummy--this dummy       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration