Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Television aquariums       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Ben
Username: bennyb73

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 01:43 pm:       

At some point in the future I'd like to make one of the old floor model t.v.s into a tank, but just finishing college and living in an apartment I will eventually move out of, I don't want to do this yet.

I'd like to ATTEMPT to make one out of a 13 inch television my mom has laying around in her garage. I figure it will be the equivelant of a 2.5 or possibly 5 gallon tank, so I would only have a betta in there, but I'd still like to give it a try. Everything I found on the internet is about the big floor models. Has anyone tried it with anything else? And/or could anyone give me some general advice?

larry
Username: gomezaddams

Post Number: 462
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 11:52 pm:       

Ive seen a few around on the net very cool idea.Basically take everthing out of tv and build or find a tank that will fit inside ,filter and lights have to be inside too to complete the illusion.Water level should be above the visible screen area too. post some pics if you do it. very cool project.
Waiting will fill

Brad
Advanced Member
Username: brad

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 10:26 am:       

I attempted a big one quite a while back after seeing Eric Olsen`s on his site (www.thekrib.com). I ditched the project though. It won`t come cheap and there`s alot of work involved. If you`re ready for it though, I`d suggest dropping him an email.
Ever feel like you`re flying and drowning at the same time?

Jeff Lefkowitz
Username: jeffedl

Post Number: 140
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 12:02 pm:       

The fish tank in a tv sounds cool, but if you can do a remote control that switches it from fresh to brackish to salt to reef on the touch of a button, now that would be REALLY cool!
"Peter, the fish did not bite you through the glass"

Shawn
Username: oregonamateur

Post Number: 253
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 11:20 am:       

Naw But a remote that turns on and off the lights would be cool...

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 07:44 am:       

Hahaha, and a fast fwd button to speed up cycling. And a pause so you can take an easy photo without your fish moving.
Just smile and nod - Im used to it...

April
Advanced Member
Username: jumpingtadpoles

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 11:39 pm:       

lol
Dream big, celebrate life, and never stop learning.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Television aquariums       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration