Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Co2 regulators JBJ vs Milwaukee instruments       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

stan wolofsky
Username: dragonboat

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 11:06 am:       

I have a 70 gal tank. medium planted.3.5 wpg.i think i need a co2 system.do people have any experience or knowledge of the JBJ vs Milwaukee instruments.what would your preference be thanks stan

Brad
Advanced Member
Username: brad

Post Number: 1623
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 11:07 am:       

Azoo
Ever feel like you`re flying and drowning at the same time?

stan wolofsky
Username: dragonboat

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 11:16 am:       

can you please explain .never heard of Azoo thanks stan

Sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8208
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 08:30 am:       

Azoo is a brand of regulator. It is, IMHO, about as good as you can get. easy to use. not problem with tuning it in to get the correct Co2 flow amount. Milwaukee seems to have problems with needle valve. very fussy from what I read from Milwaukee users. Several of whom just shake their heads, take the Milwaukee brand off and get an Azoo. They write the ill spent money off to experience.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

Greg Appel
Username: jenga9

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 03:50 pm:       

Sully, you couldn't be more right! I just purchased a Milwaukee setup, and it is impossible to adjust to a consistent flow. The instructions say not to use the needle valve, but to open it all the way and make your adjustments with the main regulator knob. Only use the needle valve if you cannot get the desired flow with the regulator. Take my word for it, it doesnít work either way. It really functions more as an on/off switch. If you think you have the flow right, leave it for half an hour and check it. It will either be completely stopped, or it will (in my case) have filled the reactor to about 75% with co2 at whatever random pressure it has set itself to. On a manual setup, your fish would be floating before you noticed. With a ph controller I get a .2 ph swing because all the co2 that has filled the reactor makes it into the tank even after the controller has turned of the supply. I have read that a lot of regulators are inconsistent below 20 psi , so I set the regulator at 20psi and tried using the needle valve to make adjustments, but had the same results.

So, as a new owner of a Milwaukee system I would say donít waste your money. I have no problems with the ph controller, it seems to work fine. The rest is crap as far as I can tell. I guess if canít get it to work, I too will be going Azoo!

flyingfish
Username: flyingfish

Post Number: 163
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 09:07 pm:       

Wow! Good to know. Thank you. You just saved me some money and aggravation.
Filter and heater $80
65 gallon aquarium $280
Gazing at your Apistogramma for hours on end.....
PRICELESS!!!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Co2 regulators JBJ vs Milwaukee instruments       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration