Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Filter 55 gallon       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Vicki
Username: plecogirl

Post Number: 274
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 07:44 pm:       

Hey ya'all I have a 55 gallon with no UGF a HOB top fin 60 filter and am attempting a planted tank. I had a bubble wall to help with surface agitation but removed it as the cory's didn't like it much and I heard they weren't always the best for the plants. I think that I need more filtration in the tank than just the HOB, any suggestions that won't break my husbands wallet ~g~, I'm looking in the under $50 range.
Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.
- Herbert Henry Asquith

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3802
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 11:44 pm:       

If your going for a well-planted tank, then your fish load would generally be less than a moderately planted tank. Your current filter should be just fine.
"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

Vicki
Username: plecogirl

Post Number: 285
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 02:33 am:       

Thanks thats good to know, currently I have only a few plants with the rest plastic until I figure out what I'm doing.. I'm wading in I guess you could say~L~ I'll start delving further into the plants then :-)
Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.
- Herbert Henry Asquith
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Filter 55 gallon       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration