Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Aquarium Systems Brand?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

compensate
Username: compensate

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 10:36 am:       

Any general opinions on the overall quality of products manufactured under the Aquarium Systems brand name?

Their fully submersible Visi-Therm Stealth heater looks very appealing to me.
What is popular isn't always right, and what is right isn't always popular!

flyingfish
Username: flyingfish

Post Number: 227
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 02:00 pm:       

Hi,
I have a stealth heater. Keep in mind is isnt really stealth if your tank isnt dark because its all jet black. I bought mine because I have applications where the water may drain below the heater often and this stealth heater isnt glass and is shatterproof. I think this is the perfect heater for those applications. The heater works great.

I personally like the "Rena Cal Excel", the temp reading is a bit off like all the rest ive used but it is very dependable when you find the correct setting. I like it because it blends in a bit better like the old visi-therms did. I would go with the current "Rena Cal Excel" on all my typical fish tanks. I used to use the normal "Visi-Therms" until they changed the color to shiny silver.
Filter and heater $80
65 gallon aquarium $280
Gazing at your Apistogramma for hours on end.....
PRICELESS!!!

compensate
Username: compensate

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 08:19 am:       

Thanks for the advice!
What is popular isn't always right, and what is right isn't always popular!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Aquarium Systems Brand?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration