Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Magnum won't prime       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Linda
Username: yingzi

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 11:51 pm:       

I'm setting up a new tank. 47 gallon, very tall cube (30 3/4" tall). I cannot get the magnum 350 to prime! I've checked everything, shortened tubing to lessen slack, connections are fine, it just won't prime.
I'm sorry I didn't get another Eheim, I never had a problem with those, but kept hearing magnum's were the best.
ideas?? thanks

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3921

Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 12:10 am:       

Sounds like air is trapped somewhere in the system. Fill the canister with tank water, carefully disconnect the in and out tubes at the tank end and use a turkey baster or something to completely fill those tubes, then carefully disconnect the inflow tube from inside your tank, flood it with tank water, and reassemble.
"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

larry
Username: gomezaddams

Post Number: 794

Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 01:57 am:       

If there is water in the canister try turning it off then on a few times Ive had a few magnums and that usually works.
Waiting will fill

Shari
Ancient Plus
Username: shari

Post Number: 5610

Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 11:00 am:       

I'm not familiar with the 350, but I have a 250?

I only run into to trouble when I don't fill the canister all the way up before putting the top back on. It get's air trapped and it can take a few minutes to get rid of it all and start running normally.

Basically, do what Russ said :-):-)
My Fish Tanks Are SPREADING!!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * Magnum won't prime       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration