Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * UV do you run it all the time?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Crystalview
Username: crystalview

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:43 am:       

I was given a Jebao UV-16. I have a 20H and I
have a lot of natural light all year in my house. I have add green water once with my 12g that's been up for a couple of months. I have Ick now and am treating it. My new tank I plan on a Parrot chiclid, neons, gourmai pair and a pair of killi's. I thought the UV would help with bacteria and parasites. Which would cut down on my worry. Any Ideas? Do I hook it to the output on my fluval 104 or should it have it's own powerhead. The box and instructions are in Asian.
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

flyingfish
Username: flyingfish

Post Number: 524
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 12:07 pm:       

Hello,
A UV filter is typicaly used in reef tanks. You would be better off using a diatom filter then a UV filter for freshwater use.

The UV filter would be used for well water at the time of use...IE when you turn your faucet on. About reef aquaria usage...you got me there I dont know if it runs all the time.
Filter and heater $80
65 gallon aquarium $280
Gazing at your Apistogramma for hours on end.....
PRICELESS!!!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Equipment & DIY * UV do you run it all the time?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration