Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Avoid having to login to the boards each time       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

g3H2O
Username: g3h2o

Post Number: 291

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 05:10 pm:       

Some folks are having problems with having to log into the boards each time they visit since the server crash a few months back.

To fix this, login to the board, edit your profile, go down to the section titled "Prefrences". The first option says something about saving login to a cookie. Underneath that says "clear cookie on exit" and is now default selected when an account is created. So, uncheck this (the clear cookie option, not the create cookie option), save your settings, and close your browser out.

When you come back, you will have to login but it will remember you after that and you won't need to login each time.
- Mike in Arizona

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3969

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 08:38 pm:       

Mike,

Thanks. This should help folks that may have been wondering about that.
"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9788

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 09:37 pm:       

I log in each and every time I go into e-Bay, AquaBid, PayPal, or any of the websites or forums I frequent. It only takes a second. I couldn't stand how slow my computer used to run when I enabled cookies everywhere, so I deleted them all and keep it pretty clean now.

That being said, if the members here that don't want to log in each time didn't reset all their preferences after they reregistered, as they did the first time they registered, they probably ought to go through all of them and find out what else they haven't reset.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

flyingfish
Username: flyingfish

Post Number: 432
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:11 pm:       

Do you guys know about ad-aware? From lavasoft?

If your running like this you may want to run that software to clean up once ina while. I dont even notice the logon.... I havent closed my browser window since january......
Filter and heater $80
65 gallon aquarium $280
Gazing at your Apistogramma for hours on end.....
PRICELESS!!!

russ
Ancient Member
Username: rasaqua

Post Number: 3975

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:00 am:       

I've read favorable results rendered by a few of our members. I personally use and prefer Spy Sweeper. I think it catches more stuff.
"For every difficult question, there is an answer that is clear and simple and wrong."
(George Bernard Shaw)

Anthony
Username: bigant

Post Number: 41

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:12 am:       

Off subject but close... Can anyone possibly tell me why I wouldn't be able to go to any member pictures on the sight? Even if a link from a thread. Or a link to a picture tutorial.
Yours is not to question why, mine is to buy fish and die.

flyingfish
Username: flyingfish

Post Number: 434
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:30 am:       

if your going to pay for it I cant argue with spysweeper.
Filter and heater $80
65 gallon aquarium $280
Gazing at your Apistogramma for hours on end.....
PRICELESS!!!

Kim
Advanced Member
Username: kimrin

Post Number: 2314

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:39 am:       

more "dumb confessions from kim"

I have...for TWO YEARS AND 3 MONTHS logged into this board, every 2,313 posts were logged in!!!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Avoid having to login to the boards each time       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration