Topics Topics Search Search      

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Air pump question       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Donna
Username: donna

Post Number: 499

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 04:15 pm:       

I have a whisper 60 air pump which I use with a bubble wand for water movement... I misplaced the book that came with it and was wondering if there a filter pad i need to change... the air line seems to be all discolored(green/brown)instead of clear. The air pump sits on a shelf under my tank, and its clean under there...

william kennedy
Username: reelbigphish

Post Number: 217

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 05:43 pm:       

Probably just some algae growth on the inside of the tube due to trace amounts of moisture. Is there a check valve in the line? If there isn't, one would probably fix the problem. There is no filter pad in an air pump that I know of. (Crap, that makes me wanna go take one of mine apart to see exactly what's inside. LOL)
"The stone that the builder refused, will always be the head cornerstone." Bob Marley

John D
Username: john_d

Post Number: 421

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 06:22 pm:       

Hi Donna. I have the new Whisper 60 air pump (it's the funky looking blue one) and there's nothing at all in there that needs to be changed.

Donna

Post Number: 500

Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 09:48 am:       

yes I do use a check valve... is it possible the line is dis-colored due to the unit getting hot?? Mine isn't the new whisper 60, (which i like the funky styling) but the older version...

sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8506

Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:46 am:       

that and cheap plastic used for the airline itself. They yellow and discolor with age.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

william kennedy
Username: reelbigphish

Post Number: 218

Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 05:28 pm:       

Do you use the blue silicone air line or the clear plastic stuff? The silicone air line is nominally more expensive and tends to hold up much better over time.
"The stone that the builder refused, will always be the head cornerstone." Bob Marley

Donna

Post Number: 501

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 08:12 am:       

clear stuff but will be replacing it here pretty quick..
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Air pump question       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration