Topics Topics Search Search      

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Used silk plants       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Plazma
Username: plazma

Post Number: 105

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 09:54 pm:       

Whats best method for cleaning this as in making sure they are tank safe?
They are silk plants for the Aquaria and i was thinking of the cichlid tank do they need to be boiled first or something else?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Kelsey
Username: soggynacho

Post Number: 599

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:59 am:       

Definately do not boil them, i'm sure it would melt them... even if the silk part survives, there are plastic "stems" on most of them. Also, I'm sure bleach would discolor them... sooo... hot water from the tap?
Are these made specifically for aquariums? Were they in a different tank and you just want to clean them?

Plazma
Username: plazma

Post Number: 106

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 01:09 am:       

yep there made for an fish tanks ,i actually double checked looking online and found the same ,i bought them along with a tank at the second handstore as a bulk package so to say
just didnt want to stick them directly into the tank without cleaning them first
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8534

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 08:03 am:       

i think i rinsed mine years ago. They may have been taken directly from the bag they came in. I take them in and out of a tank as the mood hits me. All I ever do is rinse them before placing them back in the tank.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Used silk plants       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration