Topics Topics Search Search      

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Oscars and Clown Loachs?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Russell
Username: tboy

Post Number: 189

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 04:26 pm:       

I have heard that oscars and Clown Loachs can be in the same tank and actualy get along.

I was wondering if anyone could confirm this?

My oscars are about 6 inch long. And my clown loachs only 1.5 inchs. I am afraide to try , because I think the oscars would just eat the clown loach. But I was considering getting a few more clown loachs , maybe if I got them a bit bigger like 3-4 inchs they would be ok. Assuming what I read was true about them getting along. I"ll see if I can find the link again. anyways any info would be great ;)
I need more tanks...

dan
Username: dan

Post Number: 6773

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 05:20 pm:       

how big is your tank? yes, clown loaches can get along with an oscar but you need a tank of at least 75 gallons. note that clowns should be kept in groups of 5-6. you can get them small ... they grow slowly and are too fast for an oscar to catch and eat.
you're never too old to have a happy childhood.

Russell
Username: tboy

Post Number: 190

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 05:34 pm:       

Tanks a 80 galllon, 5-6 you say though , humm might become exspinsive.

I"ll have to look into it more , thanks though :-)
I need more tanks...
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Oscars and Clown Loachs?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration