Topics Topics Search Search      

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Conditioners       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Christina Lea
Username: lilfishy

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 07:30 pm:       

I have been reading on the internet and have asked people from pet stores but I still am not sure what conditioner I should use for water changes. Which is better Stress Coat or Tetra AguaSafe. I started by using Stress Coat recamended by a worker at a fish store, but then stoped when someone at a different pet store said that it was bad and told me to use aguasafe. What I know is that AguaSafe kells ammonia and Stress coat protects the fish and helps them heal. What do you all think is better? I have a 20 gallon tank with 10 fish, and a 2.5 gal with 1 betta. Both have filter.
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Gopi
Advanced Member
Username: gopi

Post Number: 1835

Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 07:41 pm:       

You don't need the "extra stuff" in Stress Coat. It isn't "bad" it just has a lot of things that are unnecessary.

All you need is something to neutralize chlorine and perhaps heavy metals. AquaSafe doesn't "kill" ammonia. Ammonia isn't alive, it's a compound. AquaSafe will neutralize the ammonia so it won't kill your fish. (In a cycled tank, you have bacteria that uses ammonia as food, so small amount of ammonia in your tap water is not a problem)

Pretty much, it's up to you whichever you want to buy and can afford. There are also other dechlorinators out there that you could also use. But ultimately, its your decision where you want the money to go. I would pick the product that has the basics and not the products that have extras which aren't likely to work anyway...just marketing gimmicks.
There! You have a bigger tank! Will you stop plotting my death now??
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Conditioners       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration