Topics Topics Search Search      

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Cycling tank. I think       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Christina Lea
Username: lilfishy

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 10:24 pm:       

I have a betta fish in a 2.5 filtered tank. When I set it up I added some filter spounge from another tank to kick start the bacteria. It has been set up for 2 weeks now. I have been doing a 25% water change each day so the ammonia would not get high. But two days ago I cut it down to 10 or 15%. Every time I cheaked the levels the ammonia was .25 and everything else was perfect. Acording to the chart that came with the test kit that compairs it to the ph that is a safe reading. Did I do too much water changes that the bacteria didnt have enough time to grow? What should I do. I dont want to get my fish sick.

Is it cycled? Would there still be a ammonia and nitrite spike since I used madia from a defferent tank
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

dan
Username: dan

Post Number: 6807

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 07:07 am:       

have patience grasshopper ... two weeks is not a long time for cycling readings to change.
you're never too old to have a happy childhood.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Message Area * Cycling tank. I think       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration