Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Algae eating snail to go in betta tank       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

g3H2O
Username: g3h2o

Post Number: 239
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 10:10 pm:       

We got my neice a 5-gallon tank w/ bio-wheel filter and a heater for her birthday and put a male betta in it.

For eating algae / keeping the fish company, which would be better, a nerite or apple snail?

My LFS have apple snails but not nerite, and I know nerite is the best choice for algae, but will the apple suffice?

Thanks
- Mike in Arizona

Musicalfingers
Advanced Member
Username: musicalfingers

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 11:36 pm:       

A nerite will eat algae, an apple snail will pick at it but prefer to eat other foods. Hope that helps!

Edit: You're pretty close to Jessica, aren't you? She has some olive nerites that she was going to give to me, but I determined that I don't have enough room in the tank I wanted to put them in.
Out of insanity comes brilliance...or was it the other way around?

g3H2O
Username: g3h2o

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 12:03 am:       

Yep, I am =)

I'll talk to her, need 1 for my betta tank (10 gal) and 1 for my niece (5 gal)

Thanks!
- Mike in Arizona
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Algae eating snail to go in betta tank       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration