Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Shari, Blue Frog?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Debra Ann
Advanced Member
Username: debraann

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 12:29 am:       

There's no blue frog. The one in the zen/floating position is mine and this one. He/She is gray. LOL

The other two pictures are not mine. Pat included them when he perfected the profile. I've never seen ADF's that look like the one's in those pictures. They look like ACF's instead of ADF's. I wish someone knew where the pics. came from.

I'm answering you here, but you asked me on the temp. board. I like it better here. lol

Did your frog eggs hatch?
**~I Have No Fears, Angels Follow Me Wherever I May Go~**

Shari
Ancient Plus
Username: shari

Post Number: 5400
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 12:22 pm:       

LOL....Debra, the other pics are of MY FROGGIES

Nope, no little tadpoles in my tank Not suprising, but I was hoping :-)

Anyway, I like that picture....just wish the color was true. I'd have to come steal it from ya
My Fish Tanks Are SPREADING!!

Debra Ann
Advanced Member

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 03:04 pm:       

Awwwwwww, those are your babies.

Where did you get yours from? I've never seen any that even resemble them. Their so fat!

All I've come across is gray with spots. I bought 2 itty-bitty babies from Wal*Mart that were jet black but they've grown and turned gray, which is what I expected them to do. Poor things were in a tank with around 20 black skirt tetras. (A tank that has to hold less than 10 gals.) I saw them on a Friday, around 50 baby ADF's, and I went back the next Wednesday to buy my 2, and there were only about 10 left in the tank. I don't even want to know what happened to the others. They didn't sell that quickly.

I'll stop babbling now, I love your frogs and am glad Pat included their picture. I had a hard time trying to get a clear picture of mine.

Have a great weekend!}

Shari
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 5404
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 04:23 pm:       

Yes, she IS FAT :-) That's why I call her "Fat Girl" That's the oldest one I have and it's a female....definately :-)

I got mine from PetCo or PetSmart...not sure which.

I see the little guys all the time in inappropriate tanks....not nice, poor little things. I always want to take some home with me.

Debra Ann
Advanced Member

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 12:30 am:       

OK Shari, a couple of questions and I'll leave you alone. I've only had mine a few months/weeks and I'm still trying to make sure I'm taking care of them right.

*Do you ever see them take a bite of food in their mouth and then scrape it out with their foot? Mine do it, no matter what the food, but I know their eating or they wouldn't be alive.

My first 2 from Petsmart are fat now, even though they were as thin as a piece of paper when I bought them.

The second 2 from Petsmart died quickly. :-(

The 2 from Wal*Mart are fine and growing.

*Do you keep yours with fish? I do but I make sure they get plenty to eat.

It took some time for the first 2 to not run from the fish, but now they don't even pay them any attention. In turn the fish do not bother them.

The snails don't bother them either.

*Do you feed yours every day? Other sites say not to. But since mine are with fish they eat daily.

Thanks in advance for your advice, Debra

Debra Ann
Advanced Member

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 08:07 pm:       

Bump, Shari :-)

Shari
Ancient Plus

Post Number: 5410
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 11:36 am:       

Sorry, Doll. I'm not normally around on the weekends, I wasn't ignoring you, honest

"*Do you ever see them take a bite of food in their mouth and then scrape it out with their foot? Mine do it, no matter what the food, but I know their eating or they wouldn't be alive."

Yes, they do that a lot. I think since they don't have a tongue or teeth, it's a way of softening the food up and making it easier to swallow?

"My first 2 from Petsmart are fat now, even though they were as thin as a piece of paper when I bought them. The second 2 from Petsmart died quickly. The 2 from Wal*Mart are fine and growing."

I've lost a few right after purchase, so I assume they just weren't healthy. These that I have now, the female I've had for over a year and a half....the males, I really can't tell ya. I've bought them a couple different times, and I'm not sure which ones these are?

"*Do you keep yours with fish? I do but I make sure they get plenty to eat. It took some time for the first 2 to not run from the fish, but now they don't even pay them any attention. In turn the fish do not bother them. The snails don't bother them either."

I have kept them with Fish. They were with a Betta, then Endlers. Now they are with my hatchling Brigs. I've never had a problem with compatibility or making sure they get food. I just give them their's in the same place everyday and I tap the glass to bring them out. They learned that FAST :-) Fat Girl RUSHES to that side when I feed. The males are a bit slower, but they follow her lead.

"*Do you feed yours every day? Other sites say not to. But since mine are with fish they eat daily."

I do. And it's because of the tankmates, too. However, they also get a fasting day with everyone else. I had them in my office for over a year and they never got fed on the weekends. I left an algea wafer or something in there on Fridays, but I don't know how fast the MTS ate it.

"Thanks in advance for your advice, Debra"

Honestly my pleasure, darlin' :-):-)

Debra Ann
Advanced Member

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 10:07 am:       

Thank you!

I think I've finally run out of questions to ask, LOL.

But thats a good thing!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Shari, Blue Frog?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration