Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * FW featherdusters????       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 07:40 am:       

I was reading one of my magazines, and inside there was a Marine section... curiosity struck and i soon fell inlove with the look of some Fan worms..(featherduster worms) Whilst reading along i read that there were some fresh water species of fan worms.
It didn't mention any genus or species as it was focusing on SW, but i am curious as to what these worms are? how to care for them? and where to get them if i could care for them?

Thanks in advance..Rob
Beauty lies in the eyes of the Beerholder.

Randy
Username: milesteg

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 09:44 am:       

Hi rob,
I think I read the same article.

Karin
Username: autumn

Post Number: 1660
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 10:18 am:       

I'm not sure I'll be much help to you, but what I think you're referring to must a species of freshwater polychaete. Marine tube worms are polychaetes, and I'm pretty sure those are commonly called fan worms.

There are plenty of freshwater tube worms, but if there are any with the colors and large "plumes" of their marine cousins, I'm not aware of them.

For some reason, I suspect Sully might know. I'll see if he'll drop in here. :-)
Possibly, the truest test of one's capacity for compassion, is whether one can love a snail.

Sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8232
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 01:56 pm:       

the only link I ever kept in my "link" list. not much help. but, a place to get started.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/feather.htm
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames

rob

Post Number: 226
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:38 am:       

Randy - If it was a Marine pull out of practical fish keeping then yes you did read the same article.

Karin - They are the polys' i am refering to. The word "Sabellid" was used in the same sentence so i might go and google that now, lol.

Unfortunately so far i dont' know if they come with the lovely plumage but hopefully weel find out soon. They were just mentioned...

And Sully - Thanks, i'm gunna have a read of that now. ill get back to you on anything new i find.

rob

Post Number: 238
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 03:10 am:       

ok, so far...
I think most of the FW plume worms are found down here in aus, but i also believe they are rare and are small like under 1 cm... Not as colourful either.

...I 'think' that is, to much info to absorb at once and alot of it, to be completely honest was really boring, add that with a computer that is at the moment running at a slower rate than that at which grass grows....Well it gets quite testing, ill attempt again later, when the comp decides to wake up that is...
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * FW featherdusters????       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration