Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Apple snail egg clutch?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Karen Woods
Username: karayw

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 10:44 am:       

I have two apple snails in my fish tank, and I found an egg clutch that I believe was from them. The problem is that I found the eggs inside the tank and I think they are the kind that were laid above the water line and came loose and fell inside the tank. I have since removed them from the water and placed them on a floating object inside the tank. I was wondering if they would still hatch.
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Karin
Username: autumn

Post Number: 1662
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 11:59 am:       

There is no way to know since it depends largely on how long they were submerged and at what stage of development. Your best bet is to give them about three weeks. If there is no sign of change by then, you can be pretty certain it won't hatch.
Possibly, the truest test of one's capacity for compassion, is whether one can love a snail.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Apple snail egg clutch?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration