Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * ADF and betta???       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Vicki
Username: plecogirl

Post Number: 290
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 03:08 am:       

My daughter wants something with her betta.. platy's didn't work they picked on him too much, would an ADF be feasable?
Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.
- Herbert Henry Asquith

Musicalfingers
Advanced Member
Username: musicalfingers

Post Number: 1280
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 03:19 am:       

A lot of people keep ADFs with bettas with no problems, but some bettas don't like ADFs. If you do get one, make SURE it's an ADF not an albino clawed frog...those get to be 6" big, if I remember correctly, and eat fish. Scary things. Anyway, I keep snails with my betta Herbie. He really likes them, especially the brigs. But right now Alexander has a LOT of snails in with him - all spixis except for one brig- and he picks on the brig to no end. It all depends on the betta.
Out of insanity comes brilliance...or was it the other way around?

debbs
Username: debbs95

Post Number: 1561
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 08:26 am:       

I recently added an ADF with my adult male betta who only knew snails. They get along just fine.

But I do agree with Music, all Betta's have different personalities and you may have an aggressive male. I would try it out, if he attacks the frog, bring it back to the store. If he only checks it out, then you know they will be compatible. :-)

Vicki

Post Number: 301
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 05:41 pm:       

he doesn't seem aggressive so far.. there were platys in with him at first, they had to be removed because they were picking on him not the other way around.. I guess I will try it and if it doesn't work out I'll put the ADF in my twenty.
- Herbert Henry Asquith

Mike L
Username: mafrenzy

Post Number: 136
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 06:07 pm:       

Sounds like you have a chill betta I would recommend getting a small ADF, is this for the ten gallon tank? Also keep in mind that ADFs eat frozen blood worms and have to be fed differently then Bettas. When in doubt you can get a snail.
"Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins" Peter 4:8

Vicki

Post Number: 305
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 06:30 pm:       

yes its for the ten gallon. I keep frozen blood worms for some variety for the cory cats so that shouldn't be a problem. thanks guys :-) (cory cats are in a different tank this one right now has a betta, otto, and some ramshorns that have managed to get in there on plastic plants from my old ten gallon I'm guessing)
- Herbert Henry Asquith
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * ADF and betta???       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration