Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Shell Patching...I messed up       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Gopi
Advanced Member
Username: gopi

Post Number: 1712

Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 05:47 pm:       

OK...so I got some baby brigs (thanks MRM!) Unfortunately, 1 had some 'nice' cracking from shipment with exposed flesh. Being short on forms of transportation, I tried to do an 'emergency' patch using egg shell and Krazy glue (saw on AS that Krazy glue was OK)

But the patch came off, and took more shell with it. So there is now a fair chunch of exposed flesh and it's bulging out. I'm assuming the snail is a goner :-( Esp since I won't be able to get epoxy or anything from stores any time soon. (I have tests and such this week and need a clear 3 hr window which doesn't occur when stores are open)

I know a pic would help, but he is stuck to the tank wall in a way that I can't get a pic of the damage. And with the amount of shell missing, I don't want to risk moving him...

Any ideas of something temporary I can do for him until I get "proper patching material" or should I euthanize?

The only other things in the tank are live plants (with sand substrate), 4 other snails, and one 2 wk old guppy fry...
There! You have a bigger tank! Will you stop plotting my death now??
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Shell Patching...I messed up       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration