Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Baby snails color       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Kimberly Reynolds
Username: kim23il

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 06:12 pm:       

Well I swished the rest of the clutch in the water to help it hatch. I have well over 100. I finger counted 36 with purple on their shells. I was wanting to know..Are the dark footed snails born with the dark feet? Or does their feet change color with age? How fast do they go, when will they be big enough to put in the tank with the guppies? Thanks

Shari
Ancient Plus
Username: shari

Post Number: 5607

Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 12:11 pm:       

Hello again :-)

Dark footed snails are born that way, but not AS DARK as they will get. On the other side, light footed babies are WHITE footed when born, so you would be able to tell the difference :-)

When to put them with the Gupps is a hard question??? I've heard that Guppies can be nippy to the tenticles, but also that they pay more attention to adults (look like worms, I guess?). I say give it a try, but keep a close eye on them. They grow fairly fast in good conditions. Can get to Pea Size in a month or so.

Hope that helps :-)
My Fish Tanks Are SPREADING!!

Kimberly Reynolds

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 02:07 pm:       

Hello I have more question- I have the babies in a tupper ware container it is 20 quarts. Well i have plastic wrap as the lid and duc taped to the sides.. I poked holes in the plastic. I was wanting to know can I put the lid back on the top? If so do I need to drill holes in the lid? I'm not likeing the plastic as a lid I cant see the babies to good, thank you

Kimberly Reynolds

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 02:09 pm:       

I also have a piece of cutle bone floating for calcium. I couldn't find the calcium drops at walmart.

Shari
Ancient Plus
Username: shari

Post Number: 5609

Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 02:58 pm:       

hmmmmm.....do you have a filter on the container? If so, the space around it should be fine once you put the lid back on. They do need air circulation, so don't just put an air tight lid on.....is that what you were asking

Cuttlebone is good. They will eat it and absorb the calcium that way plus it will leach into the water. I know that the pet chains carry liquid calcium, but that's fine for now.
My Fish Tanks Are SPREADING!!

Kimberly Reynolds

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 04:28 pm:       

No there is no filter. Can I drill holes in the lid? would that be ok? OR what can I use for a top so they dont escape? It's just a plastic storage box with a snap-on lid. thanks
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * Baby snails color       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration