Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * My lobster thinks his a stunt man       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

lewis r
Username: lewisandlaura

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 06:47 pm:       

my lobster keeps going up one side of my filter(fluval 4 tall and skinny)then sliding down the other and he will start at one side of the tank and hangs all the way across to the other side(i have i inch ledge of glass at the top)like mission impossible.does anyones else do that?

Randy
Username: milesteg

Post Number: 233

Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 07:57 pm:       

Get some pictures! I'd love to see that.
If you go through a day without learning something new, you wasted it!

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9757

Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 06:14 am:       

Are you feeding him daily and changing water weekly? They are sensitive to nitrogenous wastes. If he is well fed and the water parameters are good, he should not be trying to escape.

He is trying to emigrate to a better "pond". If you don't have every opening at the top covered, you may eventually find him dried out on the floor.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

lewis r

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 08:56 am:       

water is fine feed him frozen fish every two days he also has peas,cuecumber do weekly water changes i think he just likes to play before he use to go half way up the plant and jump on to the ornament thats in the tank

ron
Username: rockinrodent67

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 11:43 pm:       

My lobster acts like it's starving to death. It gets algae wafers and frozen brine shrimp daily, plus whatever flakes comes it's way. And it still digs at the plants, and runs around looking for food. Last nite, I think it killed a snail.I found an empty shell in the tank, with the body in his cave. Not a pretty sight.

lewis r

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 05:04 am:       

ron try feeding him frozen fish i give him two fish(about 2" big)every 2 days plus give him a piece of cucumber he will nibble on that for a couple of days i have lost a couple of loaches to him

Randy
Username: milesteg

Post Number: 243

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 11:25 am:       

Thats what they do. They are hunter/scavanger. You guys might want to consider a tank just for them.
If you go through a day without learning something new, you wasted it!

ron
Username: rockinrodent67

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 10:23 pm:       

Had a scare tonight....

My lobster thinks it's a 4x4. Likes to run over things full speed. Plants, rocks, snails. Well, tonight it ran over a snail, startling the snail, causing it to close it's 'door' on the lobster's leg. The lobster went into panic mode, dragging the snail to it's lair attacking it with it's pinchers. (didn't hurt the snail) Well, the snail wouldn't fit through the 'door' of the lobster's 'lair' and the lobster was stuck, and managed to pull his leg out.

All in all, once we move in a couple of months, lobster is getting a new home without snails.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Other Aquatic Pets * My lobster thinks his a stunt man       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration