Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Shell dwellers/brevis       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Olive
Username: olive

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 12:06 am:       

I'm working on switching from breeding daffodill brichardi to neolamp' brevis because I have limited tank space. What can you all tell me about them? What are their growth rates? Where can I purchase 4-6 of them on-line for less than $90 including shipping?

Dahly
Username: dahly

Post Number: 117
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 08:34 am:       

Find a local aquarium society and save BIG!!! Most hobbyist do get spawns and sell or trade the offspring very inexpensively. My multi's were $3.00 a piece and I couldn't be happier with them. Good Luck!
29 gallon tank with 6 white skirt tetra's, 6 diamond neon tetra's, 3 Julii Cory Catfish,
1 clown pleco, 2 powder blue dwarf gourami.
20H - 8 Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Kenny
Username: kennyman

Post Number: 602
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 10:22 am:       

if your breeding them you want certified g1's or wilds dont you? Its possible but not easy geting that kind of fish from the clubs. Dan has a link to a great place in the states that specs in cichlids.
I'm only a Landscaper; not an English Teacher.

Kim
Advanced Member
Username: kimrin

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 01:58 pm:       

I don't know about everyone Kenny but I personally don't see why anyone would necessarily insist on having wilds or f-1's to breed. As long as the line is pure and genetically strong why would it matter?

Actually members in our aquarium club do take part in orders to import wild caught fish. Also Club people often have the resources and contacts to obtain species that are uncommon in retail. That could depend on the club of course, how large and active they are.

April
Advanced Member
Username: jumpingtadpoles

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 09:40 pm:       

Alot to read here, but maybe some of the information in this thread will help you decide:
http://www.shelldwellers.com/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=5
Dream big, celebrate life, and never stop learning.

Dahly
Username: dahly

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 11:33 am:       

My local lfs was selling "Brevis" that were actually "Multi's" for $30 a piece. Another local place had them for $16 a piece. Cincinnati does have a large group of active hobbyist/breeders. Some do sell for a living, others as a second income then still others just trying to spread the enjoyment with low priced or free fish. It's your money. Enjoy!
29 gallon tank with 6 white skirt tetra's, 6 diamond neon tetra's, 3 Julii Cory Catfish,
1 clown pleco, 2 powder blue dwarf gourami.
20H - 8 Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Olive

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 10:00 pm:       

I bought a pair of sunspot brevis for $15 athttp://neptuneaquatics.com. They had them on sale because they had a lot of pairs. I haven't noticed the digging I've read about because I put them in one of my cycled tanks w/a gravel substrate until I get their tank cycled.

dan
Username: dan

Post Number: 6554
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 01:34 am:       

if you cannot find them locally (if you're an ACA member, surely they're listed in the Trading Post), these guys usually carry them.

http://www.ohiexchange.com/armke
you're never too old to have a happy childhood.

Olive

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 12:28 am:       

I have babies!!!! What do I need to do now to care for them?

Lisa Blair
Username: lkblair

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:05 am:       

I mentioned it in another thread, but in case it gets missed, Armke's is under new ownership. The new site is http://www.davesfish.com It promises to be better than ever!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Shell dwellers/brevis       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration