Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Breeders' opinions needed (Cindy?)       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

debbs
Advanced Member
Username: debbs

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 01:16 pm:       

Scenerio:
55 Gal. tank with Breeding Kribs (waiting for eggs to hatch) and Breeding Bythobates ( eggs just hatched)

There's a lot of stress going on in the tank, so what is the best course?

I've a 10 gal. tank set up and ready. Do I move the Kribs into it and take the lost (their eggs haven't hatched yet) OR

Is it okay to move the female Bythobate (she's approx. 2 1/2") and her fry into the 10 therefore eliminating stress on the parent etc. As a side note, she's not allowing the father near the babies also.

Which is the best course to take?
Amazingly, It's not just fish!!

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9431
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 04:28 pm:       

Considering you have less of a market for the bythobates in your state, I'd move them and protect the krib eggs/fry. Worse case scenario, they will respawn very soon.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

debbs
Advanced Member
Username: debbs

Post Number: 1740
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 10:12 pm:       

I thought that was the best thing to do but wasn't sure it was okay until I asked. Thanks!!
Amazingly, It's not just fish!!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Breeders' opinions needed (Cindy?)       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration