Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Creative re-arranging in a 29g with a female con...       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Lynliss Almasy
Username: ravenlock

Post Number: 201
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 02:57 pm:       

Due to unforseen events I've had to do some creative re-arranging on my tanks.

Due to these ummm, changes I've had to relocate my little 2 inch female con into my 29g with my 6 tiger barbs and 6 black skirts.

Now *if* she remains docile(she was with other black skirts for 6 months in a 25g with no probs) toward the other fish, is this stocking level okay?

She patrols the bottom and the others stay in the middle. She has never(in 6 months) shown any aggresion toward tankmates. She has been behaving herself in this tank so far as well. I DO realize that could change tommorrow. :-)

I realize that's a lot of fish for a 29g. I do weekly 50% water changes and vacuum. Do you think if I'm careful it will be okay? I'd really rather not setup another tank unless she suddenly decides to seek and destroy...Thanks.

dan
Username: dan

Post Number: 6713

Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 03:59 pm:       

I DO realize that could change tommorrow. everything will be fine until ....
you're never too old to have a happy childhood.

Lynliss Almasy
Username: ravenlock

Post Number: 202
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 04:19 pm:       

Thanks Dan. I'll keep a close eye on things. If she goes "convict" then I'll switch her out.

I was originally going to leave her in the 25g, take out the tetras, and get her a male.

However... when we were robbed last week, the guys came in through the basement window and knocked over my 25g. The only reason the con survived is becasue the tank landed against the couch and tilted at an angle. She was caught in the 2x5 inches of water in the corner of the tank. The tetras all were washed out and died.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Creative re-arranging in a 29g with a female con...       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration