Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Anyone know much about this fish?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Dan
Username: jacksandoscars

Post Number: 27
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 09:03 pm:       

Hey guys... No pics for this one

I saw a fish in my LFS today and I really liked it... SO much I bought it. It was called a Golden Headed Agassi. They had around 20 in stock and I picked one out with very nice coloring. It has a grey/white body with light black bands on it. Basically your average drab apisto. And then WHAM the head has a swirly pattern of a light electric blue all over it. It's only around 1.25-1.5 inch so Im not sure if it's male or female. It has very pointed fins, long dorsal fin, and the guy at the LFS said color brightness could be a good ID for Male vs Female. If I can I'm going to try and pick out a female... Before I do though I was wondering if anybody has experience or info about this fish? I'm guessing I'll just end up reading more into Agassi's than this variant but oh well.

PS My LFS also brought in 20 discus, 10 frontosa, some nice parrot cichlids, some black ghost knifes, and some other really wicked fish... Really surprised for just a run-of-the-mill pet store to bring in some "exotics"
20g Tank -1 pearl gourami (female, 2"), 1 honey gourami (Male 1"), 4 corydoras(??? all 1.5"), 4 blackskirts (All 1"), 1 gold and 1 blue german ram (Male +Female both 1"), and 1 small pleco (max of 4").
10g tank - 2 male and 6 female guppies, 3 corydoras, 1 otto. *AND 12 FRY!*
*80-150g tank - coming soon! (Cichlids this time! OSCARS!)
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

rob
Username: rob

Post Number: 365

Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 05:31 am:       

Sounds like you got a male from the description you gave. The *not so* lfs down here has BGK in all year round basically, I've never been there once when they havn't had them. Hope your fishy turns out well for you. Sorry i wasn't really any help, just sayin hi.
A good scapegoat is nearly as welcome as a solution to the problem..
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Anyone know much about this fish?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration