Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Can Any Identify this fish       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Elizabeth
Username: lisbar

Post Number: 78

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 12:09 pm:       

I have been trying for awhile now to Identify this fish.. I think it may be a Aulonacara baenschi or Aulonacara freibergi.. but the mouth has a low over lapping type lip like the fuelleborni.. this fish is about 5 inches already and so far very peaceful. still trying to ID this fish

dan
Username: dan

Post Number: 6823

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 01:16 pm:       

doesn't look like either Aulonacara baenschi or Aulonacara freibergi to me. as for Labeotropheus fuelleborni.. the mouth doesn't look overslung enough.

may be a 'mutt'.
you're never too old to have a happy childhood.

Elizabeth

Post Number: 79

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 02:36 pm:       

Maybe i should try and get a better picture of him because the color is what is really different about him..almost colbolt blue head with gold in the body.. like he is changing to gold.. bought him and others from a high profile type person who retired after raising cichlids for many years so thought for sure he would be pure bred.All the others are pure.. thank you

Elizabeth

Post Number: 81

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 08:35 pm:       

here is a brand new picture..is there any difference for you to ID him from the last picture.. he changes colors frequently.. ID  please
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Cichlid Corner * Can Any Identify this fish       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration