Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Salt water Tank       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

ivelisse
Username: Sweates

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 09:49 pm:       

Can I use my aquaclear 70 or 90 with my 55 gallon tank? If I use live sand and rocks does that speed up the cycle? I want to get a clown, puffer, butterfly, and lion fish is that okay? Im doing some research tonight, Ill be setting it up tomorrow.Thank you.

cindy
Username: Cindy

Post Number: 5920
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 07:18 am:       

Not sure about the new numbering, but I used an AC 500 on one of my fW 55's with no problem. Now it is on half of a FW 75.

One night of research is probably not going to be enough to ready you for setting up a SW tank, especially the more difficult way, of changing the water in a FW tank, complete with it's existing equipment. MOst of the more successful SW keepers here did more like a year of research.

Heather? Rottie? Any others?

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Rottielover
Username: Rottielover

Post Number: 338
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 03:24 pm:       

Can I use my aquaclear 70 or 90 with my 55 gallon tank?

Sure, just make sure to keep up with the filter pads ;)

If I use live sand and rocks does that speed up the cycle?

Actually there is a "curing" process that the rock goes through, it's own cycle if you will. Most people use the Live Rock/Sand to cycle the tank for them, this process usually takes a few weeks to a month I think.

I want to get a clown, puffer, butterfly, and lion fish is that okay?

I'm not 100% but I think most clowns are going to be lion and/or puffer food. Sounds like your leaning tword what they call an "agressive" tank. You'll want to do some more reading about agressive SW fish before you set it up.

Im doing some research tonight, Ill be setting it up tomorrow.Thank you.

I hope your doing your reading and not setting up the tank just yet, I think what you'll want to do is get a tank and LR LS and let the rock cycle the tank, you'd then add your fish in slow to let the bio filter catch up.

Search for "aggressive" and "salt water" and you'll find a lot of the info you need!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight... It's the size of the fight in the dog! -unknown
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Salt water Tank       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration