Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Groupers       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

ivelisse
Username: Sweates

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 12:39 am:       

would a grouper tail grow back if a piece was bitten off?

Laura
Username: Roseh

Post Number: 528
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 12:42 am:       

Was it bitten off to the flesh part? Or is there still some tail left? Water will need to be very clean either way.

ivelisse
Username: Sweates

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:39 am:       

Just a little piece was bitten off by another grouper. Not to the flesh. Have anybody ever heard of a dotty back grouper? One of the lfs has a fish labled as that but I can't find info on it.So would the piece of tail grow back in?

Rottielover
Username: Rottielover

Post Number: 371
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 04:32 pm:       

Usually if it's the "fin" part of the tail ( the thin skinlike stuff) then the fish will heal, as stated make sure your water is clean, a water change may be in order to help things along.

I have a maroon clown that managed to get a rip in his tail fin from darting in and out of some rock work. The small thin rip healed in about 48 hours.

You may want to add a little garlic to the fishes food as an immune system booster.

HTH
It's not the size of the dog in the fight... It's the size of the fight in the dog! -unknown
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Groupers       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration