Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Need info on a new tank startup using Mollies       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Mike
Username: djmb913

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 07:55 pm:       

Somebody once gave me info on how to start up a new tank really fast using Mollies but I lost the information. If anyone knows this method could you please pass along the info. Thank you
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Heather
Username: heather

Post Number: 1662
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 11:55 pm:       

It's actually not that fast and not as nice to the fish as say, using live rock or raw shrimp to cure a tank. Live rock is the best way to cycle your tank, just be sure you know if you are getting "cured" or "un-cured", it makes a big difference. A piece of raw shrimp will start a tank to cycle. Be sure to use your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate test kits throughout any cycling procedures so you know when to add livestock.

I bought all my cured live rock from my lfs which kept theirs in a huge curing vat, I essentially had no curing time and could immediately (but slowly) add my livestock to my tank.

I am a lumberjack and I'm okay.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Need info on a new tank startup using Mollies       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration