Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Faded Clown       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Deb
Username: drdaw

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 02:59 am:       

Hi i have 2 clown fish in a 90litre tank. I have live rock in there too. I had 2 clowns for about a year and one mysteriously died. So i bought another one to keep it company....they lived together happily for about 6 months but now the original clown has faded considerably, especially the black around it's fins. It also hides in the live rock a lot. It still comes out whenever i pass the tank in the hope of food. It is still eating well. I have also noticed that since it began to faded the other clown is picking on it a bit. Is my fish on the way out? or is there something else? It doesn't seem to be further deteriorating, it's been like this for about a week. It has no signs of a fungal disease.
Thanks,
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Laura
Username: roseh

Post Number: 893
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 10:25 am:       

Can you get a picture?
What kind of clown is this?
What are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, and salinity readings?
Are there any tankmates for these two?
Is the meaner clown bigger than the one being picked on?
Is the smaller one shaking when it's being "attacked"?
Is the fish hanging around the surface at all, or does it spend its time in part of the tank with strong flow?
Define fading. Does it look like something is covering it or it's speckled with something? Are the colors just faded? If these are ocellaris clowns, is it just getting less vibrant orange?
How long has he been like this?

I wouldnt say he's on his way out. But answering these questions would help find the problem :-). Sorry that there's so many!
That's not how you spell CHEESE!
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Faded Clown       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration