Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * I think Im addicted       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

colleen
Username: swirl360

Post Number: 291
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 09:12 pm:       

Well, I decided that I did want to go with some live rock. I added about 2lbs today. It was some stuff we have had at work for quite a while. There doesn't seem to be that much alive on it, but there are some green bubble tube things and some purple/orange bristle worms which I have decided get to stay in the tank. We have a customer at work that wants to take down her tank, so when she comes in again, I'm going to try to get some more rock from her. She has had her aquarium up for a very long time, so the rock is cured and ready to go. She brought us some a while back and it was great! Hopefully, she has some smaller peices that will fit in my little tank. I also added a small turbo snail. Hes really kinda cute. Much cuter than freshwater snails. On the down side, I haven't heard from my friend who was planning on giving me her clownfish. She was supposed to come into work wed/thurs to see if my tank was ready(which its not). Oh well, if she does decide to keep them, I'll just get a pair of my own. I've been doing research on nano tanks, and there are quite a few people who keep two true percs along with a good size cleaning crew in 10gal tanks.
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Kenny
Username: kennyman

Post Number: 590
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 12:08 am:       

I know I am

I have a 20g and the last of my LR has finaly cured. I have a pink soft coral growing on one piece allong with some tiny sponges and tubeworms. The glass is covered with copepods. I just made arangements with a coral propagator in my local aquarium club to pick up some "frags" of polyps, leather and mushroom corals when I get back from my trip. Then its fish in Febuary

The clowns sure are cute, but I think I will go with a yellow watchmen goby or jawfish and purple firefish. Or maybe a dwarf pygmy angel. This salt water stuff is alot of fun!

I put a pic of the baby softie that came with my LR in my gallery if you want to take a peek colleen.

http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/species-gallery/gallery_main.html/photo-gallery/thumbnails.php?album=198
I'm only a Landscaper; not an English Teacher.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * I think Im addicted       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration