Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Saltwater tank       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Miami Cuban
Username: miamicuban

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 10:27 am:       

I have a small 5 gallon tank that I bought at walmart for $40 bucks. This tank came with its own filter and etc..... It is meant for freshwater but I think I am going to try some saltwater for a while , I want to add maybe one live rock and one clown fish. What do you guys think about this, can I pull this off?
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

patm
Username: patm

Post Number: 266
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 12:43 pm:       

No way can you put a clownfish in a 5 gallon tank. Unfortunately, there really are no options for stocking a 5 gallon with fish that I can think of. If you'd like some saltwater creatures, you'd probably be limited to hermit crabs (blue legs, scarlet, etc) and snails. It is relatively difficult to maintain a saltwater tank of such a small volume. Unless you're ready to put an immense amount of time and effort in on a regular basis to keep up with the maintnance, I wouldn't reccomend a tank any smaller than say 20 gallons or so for SW.

-Pat
My tanks and vivariums---> http://community.webshots.com/user/patm7
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * General Saltwater Questions * Saltwater tank       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration